To recount the past few days.

I advise you to read the below out loud, with a pause after every line...

Now I have neglected my duties
of keeping you up-to-date
with my Italian antics in Pescara
that often fall onto my plate.

So to recount the past few days
I dedicate this poem
to my Italian adventures
as a way that I can show'em!

On Friday I went out with the housemate
and started in Caffé V
then headed to greener pastures,
but alas it was not to be!

We went to two bars on the seafront;
the first  we walked around,
but left without sitting or ordering,
it was not the best bar in town.

The second we liked so we seated
out the back where many were sat.
However it was full of teens,
a 14th party, now fancy that!

Of course there is nowhere that matches
our haunt of Caffé V
except maybe Berardo's
where on Saturday...read on and see.

We sat on the plain white couches
and ordered our first cocktails
when two women sat down beside us;
they were English, I nearly yelled!

One of them is called Barabara
and lives in a village near-by,
where olives are picked in October,
I hope it is not a lie!

We of course ended up in our favourite, 
with the best appertivo.
I know when people will visit
Caffé V is where we will go!

Comments

  1. Hi Laura, are you bored? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if you heard my from upstairs, but I was actually 'lol'ing!

    Bet you are looking forward to olive picking with "Barabara" hahahahaha.

    The Housemate x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts